The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, April 17, 2006

It’s Grillin’ Time!
This is one of my most favorite times of the year. The weather is cooler and the days are getting longer so eating late doesn’t bother me so much. We are usually working in the yard mowing, pulling weeds and planting things and we lose track of time. I do my best to marinate a meat of some kind and fix a side of some veggies to grill beside the meat. This recipe kills two birds with one stone and I love those kinds of meals. This was tasty and easy so it’s my kind of a food!

I found this recipe in my local grocery, Farm Fresh. They put these little pamphlets once a year and this is my second year to pick on up. I got one recipe from last year that I used for my clients and have since lost the pamphlet, but this one will yield more. I have found that out of 6 winning recipes, I will try 4 for sure. There are two recipes that involve a roasted chicken and well all know how that has turned out for me so I think I will not be trying them any time soon. Besides the weather is getting warmer and I really don’t want to heat up the house for a burned chicken…you can understand my dilemma.

The recipe I used this weekend comes from Gold Kist Farms Chicken Recipe Contest. I picked this one because it was the easiest one to start with. It’s a winner as far as I am concerned.

Primavera Chicken Brochettes
Yields: 6 servings (12 brochettes)
2 pounds Gold Kist Farms (or any brand) boneless, skinless, split breasts
2 zucchini, cut crosswise into 6 slices, ¾ inches thick
2 yellow squash, cut crosswise into 6 slices, ¾ inch thick
2 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch squares

Marinade
¾ cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup olive oil
2 TBS Creole Seasoning
2 tsp dried rosemary (if using fresh use 1 TBS)
2 tsp garlic powder

Cut chicken breasts into large cubes. Set aside
Combine marinade ingredients, mixing well. Divide marinade in half. Place chicken in a large non-metallic dish or re-sealable plastic bag. Pour half of marinade over . cover or close the bag and refrigerate 2 hours.

Combine remaining half of marinade with cut vegetables in large non-metallic dish or re-sealable plastic bag. Toss to coat and marinade 15 minutes.

Preheat grill and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.Using 12 metal skewers thread chicken cubes and vegetable slices on skewers, alternating chicken with 1 piece zucchini, 1 piece squash, and 1 piece bell pepper. Begin and end with chicken cubes. Discard marinade from chicken; reserve vegetable marinade.

Using 12 metal skewers thread chicken cubes and vegetable slices on skewers, alternating chicken with 1 piece zucchini, 1 piece squash, and 1 piece bell pepper. Begin and end with chicken cubes. Discard marinade from chicken; reserve vegetable marinade.

Place filled skewers on prepared grill and grill over medium high heat, 4-6 inches from source of heat, about 6-8 minutes per side or until chicken reaches 160F on meat thermometer. Baste once or twice with reserved vegetable marinade. Serve hot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home